Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What a Crazy Month


I haven't blogged in a while, and I thought I'd write a post to explain.

The first week of December my husband found out that the company he had built and worked at for ten years would be sold in two weeks. Questions quickly flashed threw our heads: will he get a new job quickly? will we have to move? are we going to have to sell the house just to get by? am I going to have to get a job? will we have to stop homeschooling?

Through the 2 weeks, we thought through a lot of plans, and alternative plans, and alternatives to the alternative plans. My husband got a job with the company that bought his original company. This brought about a new set of plans, as we were sure we would have to move. I was thankful for the plethora of internet homeschool resources. I looked into the HS laws of the state where the new job's main offices are and found that the laws there are quite a bit more strict than my current state's laws. But I also found a great online group that is full of successful unschoolers in that state.

Add into all this, the usual stress of the holidays, and it made for a crazy, crazy December.

As it turns out, we don't have to move. The new company made an office for my husband at the local branch of the company (we weren't crazy to think we would have to move, NO ONE else at the office have the same type of job). And I remain subscribed to the unschool site (PA Unschoolers Yahoo! group, check it out, lots of great conversations on there). And I hope to slowly adjust to my husband's new schedule and get back to our normal school life.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad things worked out in the end. We're about to have to adjust our day's flow as well as my hubby is about to start working from home. Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear everyone is okay and that things worked out.

    ReplyDelete