Wednesday, January 19, 2011

We had a good day

I don't want to brag or anything, but Monday we had a really good day.  A great day, in fact.  Not that we don't usually have good days, but this one stood out.  

Books were read, discussed, and pictures were drawn based on the stories 
Math was completed and understood.  
Family trees were started
Martin Luther King was discussed, and for the first time, I think my 3rd grader paid attention to, and understood the power of the "I Have a Dream" speech.  
I did all of my homeschool bookkeeping, and everything got put away, making it easier to eat dinner on the dining room table.  

YAY!

There wasn't much different about Monday, except for my feeling going into and coming out of it.  I entered the day with a sense of calm that I think spilled over on the boys.  I didn't freak out if my son spent 5 minutes studying the pictures after he read a page of "Diary of a Worm".  If a number was written the wrong way, I just pointed it out and let my son fix it.  My husband was even able to work at the dining room table with us. 

Yesterday went nearly as well, and I have high hopes, and calm feelings for today.  

Things have been so stressful during the move and changes in our life that it felt so good to have a peaceful productive day.  I hope that this is just the start, and that this new feeling can continue as we set off on this next adventurous phase of our lives.  



No comments:

Post a Comment