Saturday, April 2, 2011

Our Oak Meadow Week 28

  • Finished Mummies in the Morning Unit with 1st Grader
    • Not Oak Meadow, but it worked for my excellent 1st grade reader.  For $1 on CurrClick, I downloaded a unit with comprehension questions.  Every other day I either had him write a sentence or two in addition to the questions, or draw a picture of the day's chapter.  I made him write on lined paper, so it improved his questionable handwriting skills (or at least show me that he could write well if he tried).  I put it all in a folder together, so now I have an excellent example of handwriting, composition, comprehension, and art skills to show off at our June evaluation. And my son likes to show it off to people who come and visit.   
  • 3rd grader is reading book of choice- this week it was Mouse Tails.  He would read a story each day, discuss it with me, then draw a picture and write a t least 2 sentences to go with the story.  He is a late blooming reader (various issues including reversals and he should have never been taught to read phonetically) but it is really starting to click for him :)
  • 4 Math Processes
    • 1st grade division and multiplication
    • 3rd grader division with remainders
  • Bird Watching
  • Trees
  • Biodiversity
  • Began Civics unit for both
    • rules and laws
  • Hiking (with Dad, as I am still a gimp)
Next Week:
  • Homeschool Group
  • Jungle Joe Show
  • Unschooling Week, 'cause they need a Spring Break

No comments:

Post a Comment